|The District will be issuing refunds for the PNG vs Silsbee varsity football game that was originally scheduled on Friday, September 1st. To collect your refund, please bring your ticket(s) to the business office located in the Administration Bldg. at 620 Avenue C beginning Tuesday, September 19th through Friday, September 29th between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. No refunds will be issued after Friday, September 29th.|
|PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE RECENT EFFECTS OF HURRICANE HARVEY, THERE WILL BE NO EARLY RELEASE ON SEPTEMBER 26th & 27th AS INDICATED ON THE 2017-18 SCHOOL CALENDAR.|
Curriculum maps are valuable planning tools for teachers…helping them to begin with the end in mind.
Curriculum mapping is a system that:
- Thematically aligns assessment, curriculum and instruction
- Can be thought of as working backwards - starting with enduring understandings, then the how…
- Identifies core content, processes, and assessment
- Improves communication and instruction in all areas of curriculum
- Addresses standards-based essential skills and concepts
- Understanding what is taught and when in all subjects and all grades
- Helps to foster conversation about curriculum and instruction among all faculty members
- Helps to identify interdisciplinary common threads
- Flexible format for reflection and adjusting lesson units
- Useful in identifying seams and gaps; repetition in scope and sequence
- Supports horizontal and vertical alignment
PNG Curriculum Maps are portable in-house documents that are posted to the website.
Click here for district Curriculum Maps.